Saturday, February 27, 2010

Possibly more than you want to know about how my weekend is going


....so I will not say a lot about it, but make it a brief Public Service Announcement. I bought this thing a year ago and couldn't muster the courage to try it, so it occurs to me that others may have the same misgivings.

I was sure that it would cause a burning sensation like the ones I got as a kid, when swimming pool water went up my nose. I hate that a lot but, much worse, I thought it would resemble the sensation of drowning. No way. Pass.

I had to be miserable enough to give in and try it, and o! I found out I'd been wrong. So wrong. Using a neti pot feels wonderful. It needs repeating at intervals over the day, but it feels so good that I don't mind. Maybe it will shorten this cold/allergy/whatever is attacking me.

Happy weekend.

5 comments:

Sherwood Harrington said...

One of those things -- a blue one -- has been sitting on a shelf in our main bathroom for more than a year. It's got dust inside it. Neither Diane nor I have yet to work up the nerve to use it. Now maybe we will.

I have rubbed it a couple of times, though, to see if a djinn would come out of it, maybe one looking like Jimmy Durante or Karl Malden. Not yet.

southernyankee said...

And here I was thinking I might be the only person waiting for the Genie to appear in a halo of steam, or something.

Christy Duffy said...

I have to admit I don't have any idea what that thing is! How, exactly, does that provide a nasal wash without it washing all over the rest of your face?

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

It's really great as long as you follow the instructions, and they were simple.
It only grants one wish, and temporarily at that. But i'll take it!
8~)

(Christy - more via email)

Dann said...

This was on Web Soup on the G4 channel this weekend. They were far less salutatory in their comments. [grin]