Well, at least I warned you in the post title!
I'm afraid I'd do these memes more if I liked the questions, but readers need not worry. I rarely like the questions. But I liked these. Thanks to Catherine, whose blog I found it on.
1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.
In 7th grade, I fell madly, head-over-heels in love for the first time. I was a target for some bullying in junior high, and on this occasion, a guy who was usually not such a target was getting a loud raucous razzing from his "friends" for some reason. He just stood there with this "O good grief" look on his face, waiting for it to end, and then... our eyes met. For just one instant I saw that he understood what we pariahs went through. I fell. Major crush, but it was admiration from afar. Obviously no one, even the Cool People, was immune when hecklers could find a reason, but still, he was one of the Cool People and I wasn't. He really was a nice, smart guy. Except for one bad mistake much later in life, I actually had pretty good taste in guys.
2. What's your favorite Beatles song?
I'm Happy Just to Dance with You
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
Workout pants (without the actual workout), T-shirt, bedroom slippers.
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
Be a guest. If people have a lousy time, it won't be my fault!
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
I could survive it, but it's not my preference. Honestly, I think we will not. I think a high percentage of people who like reading like a book in their hands as much as I do. You'll notice that even vinyl records still have their fans, and I think books have a whole lot more fans.
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
Experiencing, unfortunately. I don't retain heard information well, and while I love to read, I don't retain that kind of learning very well either on a first reading. Though re-reading is a much less painful experience than making hands-on mistakes and re-doing!
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
Disrespect for nature and nature's creatures.
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
Both! I can alternate eating chocolate and potato chips for hours.
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
Hey, thanks! A five dollar bill I pulled out of the coupons/receipts/cashback wad of purse paper when I was balancing my checkbook last week. Forgot it was there in the pile of non-receipts.
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
Not particularly a Cruise fan but Rain Man was very good.
(C'mon, let's get real here. My question:
What was your favorite Cary Grant movie?
My answer: Notorious.)
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
Pour it out and recycle the bottle.
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food?
Chili with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Corn bread on the side.