Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It was 20 years ago, maybe today

I've mentioned before that I'm in the amusing position of not knowing exactly when Larry and I met, because I was merely the librarian who issued him his library card at the time.


He's still got the card. The date sticker reflects a couple of later renewals, but I originally gave it to him in September 1989.

So any date in September is as good as another to call the 20th anniversary of our meeting. Though, actually, today is his birthday, so he likely didn't hit the library that very day. But it'll do.

Neither of us was in a life situation amenable to dating one another at the time. By 1992 that was different, but I still wasted several more years doing stupider things. Yeah, it's his birthday, and I'm feeling old and mulling over lost times, but I'm well aware of how few people get another chance at all.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.

Each of us, at the time. Larry is with Younger Daughter on the Hilton Head beach.

September 1989 brought very very good things into my life.

Happy Birthday, Love. 8~)

3 comments:

Sherwood Harrington said...

Maybe there was something in the alignment of the planets in September '89: that's when Diane and I met, too.

Congratulations to all of us!

southernyankee said...

Mom used to say: All good things come to those who wait. Glad I waited. Nothing could be better.

ronnie said...

You know, I swear to god Husband and I would've first met right around September 1989 too! (We didn't get together until 1991.)