I'm not much on doing nice humble gratitude posts. I'd rather gripe. But this week has brought too many things to love and to be grateful for, so bear with me.
1. 3 healthy cats. Both sick guys are back to their usual selves, and Little Gray has not shown symptoms.
|Downy rests up from the heavy demands of his life|
2. Fall! The first nice cool overcast days of the season. I actually wore a sweater over the weekend. I'm also a fan of gentle gray days and cool weather, so the cool, cloudy weekend was like a gift. And today, we're getting rain! Huzzah!
3. Time with my dad, and the fact that he's still getting around and finding good in life.
4. A husband who decides to spend the afternoon baking bread. On his birthday. That was Friday.
6. Books. At every stage of my life, books have moved me, expanded my world, and kept me sane. This is only a few of the ones that have been the right book at the right time over the decades.
7. The invention of the slow cooker. It's more than just an easy method of cooking for ADDs. As luck would have it, the slow-cooker also makes the kind of food I like best, thick soups and stews, one-dish meals. Slow cooking has existed for eons, but this little wonder of the world lets you do it without keeping watch over it, and without leaving your stove or oven on all day if you're out.
Back to my usual crabbiness without delay....