Saturday, January 09, 2010

Unable to be interesting



Here's what's going on:

I'm in computer transition, and will be using a mac pretty soon. Possibly, hopefully, yall won't hear me whine and snarl about it as much as i have whined and snarled about WinDuhs. Hey, I'll have computer sound again!! Till then, I'm trying to wrap up and back up some of the stuff on this WinDuhs Vizta thing, which will stay active for some projects.

I'm also trying to get back into some gentle exercise for my aging joints. The weather is showing me just how much limbering up I need to do.

I've tried not to complain about our Arctic Blast, which is their term for it, not my Southern Wimp term for it, honest, but despite the fact that most of my readers are coping with much much colder temperatures, I'm giving in now, and saying that I am REAL ready for this bloody cold phase to end.

As you can see above, the suffering here is not great. The fire is so delightful. But houses here are not winterized well for this kind of extended cold. My joints are not winterized well either.



So I've moved a stack of books and a new crochet project (I keep making mufflers. No big, complicated, or long term projects. Just mufflers.) to the couch by the fireplace, where I add hot tea or cocoa, and wait for this blasted Blast to be over.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

The cold, coupled with your southern humidity, is a trial. But you do get to enjoy a lovely fire, and that's something!

ronnie said...

Actually, the "uninteresting" blog posts are my favourites, because they offer a true little slice of life from my interwebs friends.

Winter, and cold, are relative. I don't dismiss the very real pain and trouble faced by our friends in Europe or the southern US just because their conditions aren't what we'd call "Canadian bad". As you said, homes (and clothes, and vehicles) in parts of the world that aren't used to deep cold and heavy snow are vulnerable to the same aches and pains we suffer, albeit at higher temps and lower centimetres than we suffer them at.

When it comes to winter, you just have to do what you have to do to get by. Looks like you're doing fine. (Love the photo of your toastie tootsies in front of the fire.)

ronnie