Sunday, July 22, 2007

Gotcha!


A mimosa tree stands right outside my office window. I get the totally cool experience of having hummingbirds hover 2-3 times a day, a few inches from my foot, with 3 layers of window -- glass, screen, shutter -- between us.




Considering the frequency of these visits, you would think a picture would be easy to get. But mimosa doesn't turn them on enough for them to linger and allow me to turn on the camera,


persuade a cat to get his head outta the blasted way (a much better hummer shot got blocked here by dear Downy),




.
and snap. So getting that top shot at all was a joy!
.

2 comments:

ronnie said...

Now that's a 'hummer' I can appreciate! Nice shot!

(PS Hi, Downyflake!)

ronnie

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

Downyflake says Hi back! Though we've lately taken to calling him Farnum (after E.B. Farnum in Deadwood) because he's needy, nervous and, as demonstrated here, always right where you don't want him to be! 8~)